Sat, 11 Apr|
Breathwork for Athletic Performance /by Martin Petrus
In this online seminar you will learn how to optimise your breathing for athletic performance. These are the practical tools for improving breathing patterns in order to increase oxygen delivery.
Time & Location
11 Apr 2020, 12:00 – 14:30 BST
About The Event
In this online seminar you will learn how to optimise your breathing for athletic performance. These are the practical tools for improving breathing patterns in order to increase the oxygen delivery and transport in the body.
We will go through the basics on how to breathe before and during training, how to prepare for maximum effort during competition and how to increase the speed of recovery.
The program is teaching how breathing exercises can boost physical performance and shift the mental state into full focus. In the long term the these principles will keep you healthy and stress free.
The seminar is taking part online (Zoom). The group is limited to 15 people and the last 30 minutes is dedicated to Q&A. After the session you will receive materials from the session
The general benefits:
• Delays the onset of fatigue and lactic acid
• Improves aerobic performance
• Improves VO2 max
• Improves delivery of oxygen to organs and working muscles
• Reduces breathlessness during physical exercise
• Helps prevent exercise induced asthma
• Helps maintain fitness during rest or injury
• Helps maintain focus and concentration
• Improve respiratory muscle strength
• Improve sleep and recovery
The breathing techniques that we teach can improve performance in team sports, martial arts, running, endurance sports (cycling, triathlon, rowing, swimming, cross country skiing). These practices might also be very helpful in disciplines where can improve concentration and reduce psychological stress.
MODULE 01. ASSESMENT
- Assessing your breathing patterns
- Testing CO2 tolerance
- Tracking progress
MODULE 02. BREATHING MUSCLES
- Breathing mechanics
- Strengthening of the respiratory muscles
- Breathing warm-up
MODULE 03. NASAL BREATHING
- Nasal breathing benefits
- Training implementation
- Long term health
MODULE 04. Hypoxic Training / Oxygen Advantage®
- Benefits and science of hypoxic-hypercapnyc training
- OA in training and daily life
- Altitude simulation exercises
MODULE 05. PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS
- Breathwork and mindset training
- Pre competition breathing exercises
- Influencing Ph levels
During the session we will be performing gentle physical exercises so please have sports clothing. If you have a pulse oximeter please have it with you.